CMI BRITAIN EXAMS & QUALIFICATIONS
The Chartered Institute of Management
The Chartered Institute of Management (CMI) is the largest British professional body for managers world-wide. CMI is dedicated to offering professional qualifications in management and leadership. CMI is the global authority in management and leadership.
Benefits of CMI professional qualification
There are astounding benefits when you have any level of CMI professional qualifications:
- CMI Qualification is respected and recognized world-wide.
- CMI is the global authority in management and leadership
- You will be more marketable.
- It will give confidence when you are looking for career advancement
- You will earn more money compared to an individual with no professional qualifications
- You will perform better with your current skills and practices than individual with no professional qualification
- You will earn an international qualification in management and leadership
Why should I study with CMI
Learn with CMI and receive more value for your investment with qualification standards that are second to none
- CMI is the only chartered body in the UK dedicated to management and leadership
- CMI works strategically with the Council for Administration (CFA) to help set the National Occupational Standards for Management and Leadership.
- CMI qualifications are recognized globally
- Qualifications are derived from the National Occupational Standards for Management & Leadership
What support will I receive
As a studying member, you can access a wide range of useful information and services that will help you during studies. Business Education Examinations Council and the Management School London make your studying easy by assembling all the key resources that you will need in one place to save your invaluable time. You will:
- Quickly find study resources directly linked to your qualification
- Access checklists, podcasts, e-learning tools and more via Management Direct, CMI unique online resource
- Get hints and tips from other students and tutors in CMI Study Zone network
- Network with other students in our online community or all CMI regional events.
CMI also offers relevant practical advice throughout your career that will help you improve your day-to-day management development including:
- Expert advice on writing a wining CV
- Becoming a consultant
- Dealing with redundancy
How does studying with CMI work?
With a large range of qualifications accessed through flexible study options, you can learn what you want, how you want.
A progressive framework
CMI provides a progressive framework that enables you to develop and broaden your management skills. Each qualification leads on from the next, delivering professional learning that equips you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to take your career where you want it to be.
Within each our CMI levels (level 3, level 5 and level 7) there is the choice of studying for three different sizes of qualification:
- Award: A concise qualification developing basic skills and knowledge
- Certificate: Building on and broadening the areas covered within the Award
- Diploma: Development of a comprehensive range of skills and knowledge
Top up Qualification
On gaining an award or certificate in a CMI qualification, you have the Option to top it up to reach the next size of qualification – be it award to certificate or certificate to diploma – with no need to recover previous content.
Choose Qualification that best suits you: Drawing upon personal experience, position and professional needs, CMI undertakes the learning that best suits you with no obligation to continue your learning once you have gained the qualification you need.
Flexible Learning: CMI flexible approach to studying involves a wide choice of units enabling you to pick and choose the content of CMI qualifications, creating a course personally tailored in size and content to best suit your needs.
Learn Close to Home: The Management School London and BEEC as CMI approved learning centre it in Nigeria will coach and support your learning.
- What is involved?Offering a comprehensive range of qualifications at multiple levels, CMI can take your learning from newly qualified through to Managing Director.
- What are the Entry Requirements?There are no specific entry requirements for CMI qualifications, but in most cases you will already be a manager or leader with the relevant experience to understand and make use of the skills and knowledge you will learn.
- How long will it take to earn a CMI Qualification?It all depends on the units you undertake within your chosen qualification and the delivery times. But here is a rough guide:
- Award – can take as little as 2-3 weeks
- Certificate – can take between 1-3 months
- Diploma – can take between 6 – 12months
- How are these Qualifications Assessed?Assessment is normally through practical work –work based assignments provided by your CMI approved centre. That means you spend as little time as possible away from work and carry out study that’s relevant to your organization.
CMI Level 3: First Line Management (QCF) Award
This qualification is developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity; this qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
Level 3 Award in First Line Management provides an introduction to the skills, roles and responsibilities of this management area. It will also develop your basic knowledge by focusing on the development of specific management skills
A more extensive qualification, CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management area appropriate to you and your workplace.
With a more comprehensive structure, CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective first line manager.
- Personal Development
- Resource Planning
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Managing and Communicating
- Developing individuals and Needs
- Conducting a Management Project
CMI Level 5: Management and Leadership (QCF)
These qualifications are designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop key skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership lets you strengthen and develop your knowledge of middle management by focusing on specific management area that are applicable to your job.
A more extensive qualification, CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you will need to become an effective middle manager. A diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
- Personal Development
- Information-based Decision Making
- Resource Management
- Meeting Stakeholders and Quality Needs
- Conducting and Managing a Project
- Being a Leader
CMI Level 7: Strategic Management and Leadership (QCF)
These are developed for senior managers who have the responsibility to translate organizational strategy into effective performance; this qualification requires the manager to focus on the requirements of implementing the organisation’s strategy.
This Award will build on the management skills and knowledge you already have. It will give you a greater understanding of the various roles and responsibilities involved in strategic management and through focusing on specific areas of management; CMI tailors your qualification to suit your professional needs.
A more extensive qualification, CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
With a more comprehensive structure, CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competence you will need to become an effective strategic manager.
- Personal Development
- Strategic Performance Management
- Financial Management
- Strategic Information Management
- Conducting a Strategic Project
- Organisational Direction